Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Wonderful World of Soap

Well, I've been MIA for quite some time now! Why? Well, I am officially a homeowner. It's been crazy between vacations, work, and buying a new house that I haven't even thought about blogging. Shame on me.

Now that I have halfway settled into my new home, I decided to take on soapmaking. I got the inspiration from my aunt, who started making her own cold process so from scratch. I decided that I was going to start out with a more simple tactic, and went with Melt and Pour soapmaking. There are actually many options and fun ideas when creating melt and pour soap.

After watching thousands of YouTube videos and reading bunches of soap making blogs, I decided to just DO IT! So I did. I went to a craft store, and bought the soap basis, fragrances, and colorants. I decided to go with craft store supplies first before I paid extra money on the good stuff.

My first batch of soap was made with the craft store supplies. It turned out very well considering I have never done it before. Here's a picture of my first loaf of soap.





Following are more pictures of how I made this soap.




















I thought my first batch, Pearberry Swirls, came out wonderfully. This batch of soap I scented with Pearberry. It is a fun, fruity fragrance that isn't too overpowering.

After experimenting with more craft store supplies, I decided to go ahead and order soap bases, fragrances, and colorants from a legit soap supply store. I use Brambleberry.com as my supplier. I have been so happy with all of their products so far.

Here are pictures of my first Brambleberry.com supplied loaf.

This so soap is named Café Mocha. It is scented with warm vanilla sugar and chocolate espresso fragrances. It's mouthwatering scent makes me just want to take a bite right out of the soap.










My first batch of retro, geometrical, layered loaf soap came out awesome.

I can't wait to try some more fragrances and designs for my mountain forceps. I have started an Etsy.com account where people can come look and buy my bars of soap. Make sure to come take a look!!


Yay for soap making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment