Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY Fall Bottles

Need an easy DIY Fall Home Decor idea?  Have someone willing to save their beer bottles for you?  Well, this one is for you.  Thanks to my (seems like) endless supply of hemp/twine/jute...whatever you want to call it... and my man's love for Red Stripe Beer (you know, the ones that look like medicine bottles?) I've been able to do a couple projects like this!  This is for my sister's house.

Lets get started!


You will need:
Red Stripe Bottles (empty of course and rinsed out)
Hemp Rope/Twine/Jute(or whatever you want to call it) /Heck, even Yarn would do!
Hot Glue Gun
Cricut (or you could cut your own letters out, or find some precut letters)


 
Put a dab of hot glue on the back of the bottle below the label and hold the end of your twine on it until it cools.  Then, just start wrapping.  And wrapping.  And wrapping.  Adding dabs of glue on the way up if you'd like.  I did this with the very first one I did and found that it wasn't too necessary.  
 


End above the label and glue down where you want to cut off your twine at the back where you started.  Voila!  One down, four to go.


Once all are wrapped, you're ready to glue on your letters!


I used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge for these letters.  I used a little bit of hot glue to attatch the letters to my bottles.

Here they are!

Another idea for these could be to spell out THANKS for Thanksgiving time, or just leave them without any letters.  A small flower or wheat could be placed into the bottles or little pumpkins could sit on top.  

I have six of these bottles in my house, 3 wrapped with twine rope, and three wrapped with white rope.  I leave them sitting on my piano all year round and switch out flowers, wheat, and Christmas ornaments to keep them updated with the seasons.  There are so many different options!

Hope you all enjoyed this pretty easy home decor diy!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment